|The Essex Clergy Charity Corporation
is an independent body, founded in 1747 and
re-constituted in 1917. Its mission is to assist
"poor clergy" throughout the Diocese of
Chelmsford. Grants are made both generally and specially.
To clergy with modest family incomes who have
Emergency and Compassionate Grants.
The Charity is established for the benefit of ordained ministers (both stipendiary and non-stipendiary) who are beneficed or licensed, and therefore does not include those with "permission to officiate".
An application form with details of grants is
circulated to clergy each summer through the network of Rural/Area Deans.
The Charity is most grateful for support received from
the clergy and laity of the diocese. Regular donations
from PCCs and covenanted gifts from individuals are
greatly appreciated, and the Secretary is glad to respond
to invitations to make the work of the Charity more
widely known and appreciated.
Each deanery is invited to designate two people (one
lay person plus a member of the clergy) to be its local
"stewards", who can advise on the work of the
Charity, and their particulars are available through
Click to return to Essex Clergy Charity Corporation homepage